Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Wanted to be Anything Different.

(A lyric from Different, a hauntingly beautiful song by Acceptance)

I have a to-do list. I used to make one at the beginning of every year, but this year I wasn't in the right state of mind to self-analyze. So, after being in a great and exciting place spiritually for a while, I have taken the time to examine myself and see where God wants me to go this year. And so far, this is what has come out of it. Keep me accountable please :)

- Find a long-term volunteer placement
- Cook a fancy meal for my house
- Keep in touch with Nathan
- Attend events both in Hamilton and Grimsby
- Get re-certified for my NLS
- Make a large donation to a cause I support
- Re-unite the "Fab Four"
- Get the Believe tattoo I have always wanted
- Get back to speaking terms with Sarah
- Write a song that I love -- not like
- Bleach my hair
- Healthily eliminate meat from my diet
- Eat a salad grown in my backyard
- Listen to every CD I own again
- Reduce my ecological footprint to 0.4
- Share a message in a formal setting
- Uncover and cultivate my strongest spiritual gift
- Build another drum kit -- smaller
- Create 5 inspired paintings
- Master my guitar
- Inspire somebody

PS: Italics = already done!

No comments: